Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Lord Upholds Me




"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Isaiah 41:10


Have you ever been disappointed by a friend or family member who promised to do something with or for you? How did you handle the situation? Did you complain? Did you swear? Did you mark the friend off your friend list?

It happened to me today.  A friend called me at the last minute to annouce she was experiencing stomach problems. As a result, I was unable to attend a function I had been looking forward to for several weeks.  I was able to handle the situation without the resentment I would usually experience because I knew God was with me. Perhaps it was his plan that I not attend, but instead stay home and finish working on my desk and filing. After all I've been praying that he would help me get organized. Is He using this opportunity to strengthen me and help me?

As I focus on finding His will, I am accepting disappointing situations with a much better attitude. Instead of complaining or becoming angry, I look for how it is pointing me toward the Lord. I'm discovering that He definitely upholds me with His righteous right hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment