Sunday, April 15, 2012

Are you Okay? Am I Okay?

Do you ever question your "okayness"? Remember the warm fuzzies that were popular in the 70's to let someone know they were okay? So without the fuzzies, how do we know we are okay today?


Jesus considered us okay enough to give up his life for us. I'm not sure I'm okay enough to give up my life, yet. But I am trying to be a living sacrifice, submitting to God daily, renewing my mind and not being conformed to this world. 


Jesus tells us we are okay when we love one another as he has loved us.


 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (John 13:34 - 35)



I am trying to use my spiritual gifts in ways that are pleasing to God and will encourage others to follow his teachings. But I can not do this alone. As Hans Denck wrote. "For whoever thinks they belong to Christ must walk the way that Christ walked." He wants us to love him enough to take up our cross and follow him.





I think Martin Luther's words best describes how we will know we are okay: "God does not want hearers and repeaters of words, but doers and followers who exercise themselves in the faith that worketh by love."





1 comment:

  1. This is an encouraging posting about how to know when we are okay. You have a great inspirational blog.

    ReplyDelete