Saturday, July 26, 2014

Acts 13


"What do I say?" you ask. "Tell the truth," he answers, "Jesus died for our sins at Calvary. If you believe, you will have eternal life." "Why should I tell them?" you ask? "Will they believe me or just laugh at me or worse tell others I'm crazy and don't listen to me?"
Do you think maybe Paul and other apostles had questions when they went out to tell about what Jesus did for them? They were surrounded by Jews who were against them, yet the gentiles seemed receptive and wanted to hear the message. So as you share the gospel with unbelievers, be prepared for negativity. But when the Holy Spirit has called you and sent you, don't you think you have a special protection and guidance?
"For so the Lord has commanded us, saying,
“‘I have made you a light for the Gentiles,
that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.’”
And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed. And the word of the Lord was spreading throughout the whole region." Acts 13:47-49

No comments:

Post a Comment