Monday, November 17, 2014

How Will You Spend Thanksgiving?


Thanksgiving looms in front of us. I's a day our country sets aside to thank our founding fathers for discovering us and going thru the hardships they faced in their first year in this new country. How do you celebrate the holiday? Most folks I know spend it with family and friends, sharing their bounty of great food recipes. Or some will spend time at a shelter, bringing hope to those who are down on their luck. What about those who are incarcerated or those who are in the service. This is our American holiday. Our economy may still be down, but we are still considered a land of plenty. There is more to celebrate than the stores being open at the mall after lunch.
Don't forget to thank the Lord for his blessings that we can always depended on and don't have to wait for him to open.
"I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart;
I will tell of all Your marvelous works.
I will be glad and rejoice in You;
I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High" PSALM 9:1-2.
3 ``````````````````

No comments:

Post a Comment