Monday, April 20, 2015

Take In The Message With Enthusiasm


Sitting in church on Sunday mornings, my mind sometimes wanders to what I'm going to do when I leave or what plans I have for next week. To get back on track, I ask the lord to help me focus and to open my heart to hear the message and to know how He wants me to apply it.

My Biblical Heroine, Lydia knew what to do with the message she heard from Paul when he visited the Bible Study she attended at the riverside in Philipi. She was a mother, wife and business woman. I'm sure she had a lot on her mind. Did her mind wander? Did she go home and promptly forget what she had heard?

Lydia invited the visiting Apostles to her home where she and her family were baptized. She was a leader in her church,  encouraged others in this international city she lived in and shared her belief with merchants who came to her business from throughout the world. So lets not just ask the Lord to help us hear the words said in church, but to take the next step and let him guide us in what to do with this information. Like, Lydia, lets do it with vigor and enthusiasm.

 "One of them, Lydia, was a business woman originally from Thyatira. She made a living buying and selling fine purple fabric. She was a true worshiper of God and listened to Paul with special interest. The Lord opened her heart to take in the message with enthusiasm." Acts 16:14

No comments:

Post a Comment