Monday, May 4, 2015

First Priority


"Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law
    and obey it with all my heart.
Direct me in the path of your commands,
    for there I find delight.
 Turn my heart toward your statutes
    and not toward selfish gain." Psalm 119

Ever have difficulty figuring out God's plan for you? Seems that from this passage understanding comes through our hearts, not our heads. It would also seem that we need to turn out hearts toward his statutes. And where do we find these statutes that helps us to know and obey what he wants from us? Must be from scripture...God's Holy Word.

So, where do we go to find our God's plan for us? Reading his word and turning our hearts to him and away from thoughts of worldly gain, praying for understanding and guidance and seeking his heart...his love. Not impossible, is it? Let go of worldly thinking and desires and instead open your mind and heart to God's love for understanding and direction. Make that your priority every day, all day. It's how to begin and spend your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment