Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The "C" Word

“Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." (Proverbs 16:3)


I should no longer be amazed when the Lord brings all things together for me, once I commit my thoughts and work over to Him. But the "C" word is a difficult one for many of us because giving up control, another "C" word, is scary. I know because both of these words have disabled me.


Last night at our crit group, I really saw the power in giving up control and commiting my work to the Lord. I've been in a desert as far as my writing was concerned. I had decided to stay with non-fiction, but while sitting at the computer, a fiction chapter began to form. I read it last night and was greatly encouraged to continue with the idea.


One chapter is all I have plus a lot of personal experience.  Yet, God is speaking to me through this group. I had only met with them a couple of times, although I've known them for several years. I had procrastinated actually joining them, yet from the first meeting, I knew I needed to be there and it was affirmed last night.


My "dry season" in my writing definitely resulted from lack of full commitment. As I shared with the group, for the past
few years I had been 'flitting" around. When I finallly took my seat in the group, I received not only affirmation, but a kindred soul who had asked God to plant the seed in someone to write on the subject.  And there I sat, by His grace alone.


God does not make mistakes. Once we commit our work to him, he works right beside us, guides us and sends His angels to encourage and support us.


Thanks be to you, Lord, for planting the seed in me to tackle the subject of alcholism from Your perspective and planting me in a garden where it can be watered. May the increase be for Your glory.

1 comment: