Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Choosing a Leader


What do you all think about the NAACP leader who is actually Anglo? She has certainly had her "day in court", as they say. I find the various opinions quite interesting in their different viewpoints. I actually like what 1 Samuel says when he was tasked with annointing a new king after Saul and chose David.
" But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” I Samuel 16:7
Isn't this controversy about looking at this woman's heart and not her color? David had some flaws, but is remembered for his love, more than his flaws. I pray this current controversy will do just that, FOCUS ON LOVE AND NOT COLOR OR ETHNICITY OR RACE. Hopefully the result will be greater unity and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment