Friday, April 11, 2014

DISAPPOINTMENT HAPPENS


It's usually better to go ahead and get over a bad situation than to have to keep dreading it. So often we can begin to believe that we've moved past the worst, only to have it slapped in our faces again. This is so often the experience with major health problems. We live on a seesaw. We go up, then down. This has been my experience the past 6 months, but always hoping for the best. I suppose denial is a better reaction than just giving up.Yet, in all this, I realize that the power greater than all of us has the final result.
The bad news came Wednesday. I have an occlusion above the one that required removal of the femoral artery and dacron graft placement for circulation. Although a stint can be done, it will only be prolonging the removal of the leg. I appreciate each day that I can stand on my own two feet. I truly understand what that means. Am I discouraged? Of course. But I know that the Lord will get me through it. Discouragement is a happening in all of our lives. It's not the discouragement that gets us, it's what we do with it that matters. We are allowed a pity party or two, but not to dwell on. The quicker we get past it, the quicker healing comes. Physical is sometimes the easiest healing. We still have the emotional and spiritual to get through. This is where this Psalms comes in.
" God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging." Ps 46:1-3 The Lord gives the strength to endure whatever disappointment comes out way. You can count on it. Just be patient, pray and believe. He can handle our tears and temper tantrums and always sends us shoulders to lean on and comfortable words to calm us and bring peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment