Saturday, April 5, 2014

PRAISE FROM MEN OR FROM GOD


We've all seen the fall of evangelists and Christian speakers. It usually happens when they get so big they forget who they are serving. They forget that the praise belongs to God and not to them. They love being praised by men. It's immediate. Praise from God may not bring immediate results, but these are the results that really matter. Satan knows our desires and definitely uses praise against us. We get the "big head" and forget about humbling ourselves before the Lord. So keep the focus on serving God and not man. Keep the focus on giving God the praise and not usurping it for yourself. It's all about him. Believe that!

"You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, 39 "You have your heads in your Bibles constantly because you think you'll find eternal life there. But you miss the forest for the trees. These Scriptures are all about me! yet you refuse to come to me to have life. And here I am, standing right before you, and you aren't willing to receive from me the life you say you want. "I do not accept praise from men, "I'm not interested in crowd approval. but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. And do you know why? Because I know you and your crowds. I know that love, especially God's love, is not on your working agenda. I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him. I came with the authority of my Father, and you either dismiss me or avoid me. If another came, acting self-important, you would welcome him with open arms.
How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God ?" John 5: 38-44

No comments:

Post a Comment