Friday, April 25, 2014

PEACEFUL FRIENDSHIP


"So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding."Romans 14:19
This verse rang so clear yesterday as I spent time with a friend who now lives in Florida. I had walked in to a kindergarten orientation with my youngest son and stood next to a lovely mother with her kindergartener and two sons. In my younger years I was a blond. She looked over at me an asked, "Do you color your own hair? I just moved here from Florida and a friend and I used to swap dying our hair and I need a touch up."
So bleaching each other's hair was the beginning of a long term friendship. Every third Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon we spent about 3 hours at one of our houses with plastic gloves and hair coloring products. Our kids were the same ages and enjoyed playing together. I loved her like a sister and people in town just put us together. I was crushed when she had to move back to Florida. We have shared so many good times and tragedies together. She is definitely the sister I never had. We both loved peaceful and upbuilding relationships. I let my hair grow out about a year after she moved. I never found another friend who enjoyed swapping bleaches. And I cherish what I learned from her about peaceful friendship and building each other up.

No comments:

Post a Comment