Wednesday, September 24, 2014

He Opens Doors


Have you ever called the fire department to unlock a door at midnight? Well, I have added this activity to my list of dumb things I have done. We have push button door locks on bedroom and bath room doors and it's very easy to accidentally hit the button when opening of closing a door. They are what came with the house and we never changed them. We also do not have keys to unlock these doors. Last night I was trying to get to bed and had rounded up both dogs, closing them in the bedroom so I could finish what I was doing without them running back through the house and getting into things.
When I finished and was ready for bed, I discovered I was locked out and the dogs were locked in, I called my handyman husband who had unlocked the doors in past accidental locks. He was in Las Vegas enjoying a steak dinner with his nephew and his fiance. He tried to explain how to unlock a door with a nail. I searched for the right sized nail in his vast supply of nails and screws. After several tries with everything I could find that could fit in the tiny hole, I finally gave up and called him back. He suggested I call 911 and they transferred me to the fire department which is only a few blocks away. The whole crew showed up about 10 minutes later and in 5 minutes had opened the door with a credit card. The dogs were delighted to be free again and I was thankful I could finish preparation and try to get a good night's sleep. The guys will get a large tray of my husband's chocolate chip cookies when he gets back and a letter of thanks and praise.
However, as believers, we know where our true freedom lies. Many people are locked in their own worlds of disappointment and shame or big mistakes and focus their lives on themselves. But as believers we know who has the key to our lives and opens doors for us.
"I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name." Rev. 3:8
LikeLike ·  · 


No comments:

Post a Comment