Friday, September 26, 2014

My Action Thriller


I don't know about you, but I serve a very active God, not a passive diety made of marble or stone. When I pray, I can tell it like it is and expect him to listen and them respond with some sort of action, and not necessarily exactly what I want, but what I need. How about you? Have you ever counted the action words in the Bible? Yesterday Karol Ladd posted this passage in her 22 day challenge on her Facebook site. It really struck me how much action was packed into this 7 verse passage. Strengthen, remove, teach, make...nothing mysterious or merely "christianese" about these words. Try scripture instead of movies for some action.
Psalm 119:25-31
"My soul cleaves to the dust;
Revive me according to Your word.
26 I have told of my ways, and You have answered me;
Teach me Your statutes.
27 Make me understand the way of Your precepts,
So I will meditate on Your wonders.
28 My soul [a]weeps because of grief;
Strengthen me according to Your word.
29 Remove the false way from me,
And graciously grant me Your law.
30 I have chosen the faithful way;
I have [b]placed Your ordinances before me.
31 I cling to Your testimonies;
O Lord, do not put me to shame!"

No comments:

Post a Comment