Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Back to Basics


"Back to the Basics", used to be the cry for educational reform. Yet we are not teaching skills in language, writing, sentence structure and many other skills previously considered basic education. Did you know there was a correct order for washing dishes? That was part of my 7th grade curriculum. What about you? What was basic education back in your day?
In this Psalm, David considers being taught knowledge and good judgement good for him out of trust for God's commands. Is this still important for basic Biblical education? Well, even though I use a dish washer, when I do hand wash my dishes, I still remember, "first the shining crystal, then the silverware." Whatever we learn as basic stays with us. What are some basic Biblical truths you will always remember? Do they earn you trust in God's commands?
" Do good to your servant
according to your word, LORD.
Teach me knowledge and good judgment,
for I trust your commands." Psalm 119:65-66

No comments:

Post a Comment