Monday, March 12, 2012

Eager Willingness to Support His Work

We are often told to give sacrificially. What does that mean?
So often when I am asked to contribute to a specific need I regret that I can not do more. Yet, I know that if God sanctions the need, whatever is needed for it will be available by his hand. It is certainly not all up to me.
I love what 2 Corinthians 8:10-11 tells us: "My advice for you in this matter. Last year you were the first not only to give, but also to have the desire to do so. Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means. For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not acording to what he does not have."
No pressure, there. God knows our hearts and our ability and accepts what we are able to do. He is more interested in our willingness to support his work, than the amount given. And don't forget, he tells us to finish the work. Our willingness to begin the work must be matched by our willingness to complete it. And it must be in eager willingness according to what we are able to do, not through guilt or coersion.




No comments:

Post a Comment