Monday, March 26, 2012

A KIngdom Nobleman


"An honest man is the noblest work of God." (Alexander Pope)

Today I experienced one of God's Noblest Men. I was at the market and in a hurry. I ran in with a twenty dollar bill folded in my hand, grabbed the needed items and headed to the check stand. While stacking the items on the conveyer belt, I noticed the money was gone.

Explaining my situation to the checker, I asked her to hold my items back while I retraced my steps. The money was nowhere to be seen. I spoke very loudly explaining to shoppers in the aisles that I had dropped some money. None admitted seeing it.

I considered it a loss. I came back home, grabbed another $20.00 bill, put it in my billfold this time and headed back the Aldi's. I had a conversation with God about all the stress in my life and that this situation didn't help. I asked him to help me get a better handle on the stress, mentioning the lost money that was a result of my being stressed and in a hurry.

When I walked straight to the checker to see if my groceries were still there, a man in line came up to me and asked, "Are you the lady who lost the money."

I answered affirmatively and he reached in his pocket and handed me the folded bill...the money I never thought I'd see again. I thanked him profusely and complimented him on his honesty, even telling him that God loved him and he was my blessing for the day. He smiled and said, "I knew God I would not be pleasing God if I didn't try to find you. He honors honesty."

PTL! He heard the cry of the stressed out shopper and introduced me to one of his Kingdom's Noblemen.

"I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man." George Washington

"Thank you Lord for restoring my faith that honest men do still exist. Bless this nobel man who saved my money for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment