Wednesday, March 12, 2014

God's Gift of Forgiveness

"As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh[a] and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved." Ephesians 2:1-5

Remember those dead days? It may not have dawned on you how disobedient you were. I know I was stupid and did things I regret. But be cause of God's great love for me, his mercy and grace, those days are gone and totally forgiven. I have to ask him daily to help me resist the temptations to go back.

I believe it was easier for him to forgive me than it was for me to forgive myself. I enjoy the feeling of being alive in Christ so much more than the other way. But it took me awhile to realize I was deserving of God's grace. We all meet folks who are in this situation. They've done wrong! But they don't want to live that way anymore. Reach out your hand and your heart in love. Share your story and tell them they are loved. Walk beside them and encourage them to see God's loving forgiveness is directed to them. It's time to humble ourselves so others can know what it is like to be alive in Christ. It's his gift to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment