Friday, March 14, 2014

SPRING HOUSECLEANING


 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

I have pondered the question of what it means to be like Christ. In this verse, Paul says that he no longer lives, but Christ lives in him, therefore   he lives by faith in Christ.

So, it seems the beginning of the answer to this question is to do some spring house cleaning. What is tucked away in the corners of my heart that keeps Christ's love out? What behaviors have I taken back from before I invited Christ in. Why am I storing trash that takes up space that Christ could be using to change me so I can be more like him? What negative, unChristlike messages am I holding on to that could be replaced by scripture?

Lent is a time to find more space for Christ in our lives. It's a time to let go of "stuff" that keeps us from letting Christ live in us. In order to take more in, we have to let go of ideas, attitudes and behaviors that are cluttering our hearts and minds. When will you begin your cleaning for Christ? What corner might you clean out today?

No comments:

Post a Comment