Friday, May 9, 2014

STRUGGLE OR PEACE? MY CHOICE.


"The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God."Romans 8:6-8
Do you ever struggle between what you know is right and shouldn't do and what you really thought you wanted to do? It really is a struggle between the flesh and it's desires and God's Spirit. Every time I chose the "flesh", I paid dearly in worry and regret and sometimes even financially. When I chose God's way and resisted the temptations, I felt at peace.
In my younger days I did what I wanted to, sometimes without consideration of the consequences. Experience has taught me to consider what I have to gain and what I have to loose more carefully. The thing I do not want to loose is my relationship with the Lord. It is my most valuable possession. Jesus gave his life for me so I believe I can give up a few of those things of the flesh for him. How about you? With his help, it gets much easier to resist those things we ought not do.

No comments:

Post a Comment