Tuesday, March 3, 2015

He Will Not Fail nor Forsake You.


I slammed the notebook shut and said a few choice words. I'd worked half the night trying to complete the talk I was to give the next day at a retreat I was speaking at. I was frustrated. I was discouraged. I was exhausted. I was angry. Why didn't my thoughts come together? I had followed the scripture that was to be my guide. I had researced the material from several resources, but just couldn't get it down on paper. I wanted my talk to be perfect. Secretly, I wanted to be the best speaker there. Have you ever been in that situation?
What I had forgotten was to trust God instead of focusing so much on my own desire,, reserch and understanding. After all he was behind the program and would bring it all together. I had to get myself out of the picture and just focus on his word and what he wanted me to say. I prayed the rest of the night and when I got up to speak, the words rolled off my tongue. I was speaking for the Lord's glory not for my own. When we are doing work for his service, he will be our guide. Trust him.
" David also said to Solomon his son, “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished." 1 Chronicles 28:20 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment