Friday, March 27, 2015

Our Needs


When you don't get what you want, what do you do? Pout or shout? Cry or try harder? Is what you want what you  truly need? Do  you ask for help or stubbornly try to work it out by yourself? When you get what you want do you chalk up another win for yourself or do you show gratitude by helping others? Have you ever prayed for something and it came to you with God's help? Haven't you heard? He will provide all our needs.

I would be overdrawn if I paid the utility bills. My husband was at MD Anderson in Houston receiving cancer treatment. I had come home to check on my son, pay my bills and head back to Houston. My son was staying with friends and I needed to give them some money. I broke into tears as I left the bank. I got home and prayed all night for our situation. I asked friends to pray. In the mail the next day was a check from MD Anderson for the exact amount I needed until next month. I called them and they explained it was an insurance refund. I couldn't figure it out, but God had come through for us again, one of many times and in many different ways. My praying friends also rejoiced as we praised God for this blessing.

"And now I have it all—and keep getting more! The gifts you sent with Epaphroditus were more than enough, like a sweet-smelling sacrifice roasting on the altar, filling the air with fragrance, pleasing God no end. You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, his generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus. Our God and Father abounds in glory that just pours out into eternity. Yes."
Philippians 4: 18-20 Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment