Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Prize


"I've had enough of this, Lord. When I signed up to follow you, I thought the road would get easier. So why is it so hard?  Ever had these thoughts? Life was so much easier when I was in control of it myself. I've had more challenges and difficulties under your control. I give up.

Wait a minutel Ever start up a mountain  and stop before you saw what was on the other side? Ever start a race and quit, without realizing the end was just around the bend? Too many of us give up just before we reach the goal and miss out on the gold. Perseverance will get you to the end. Hang on for the prize. And what is the prize when we hang on with the Lord? Is it worth it? You bet it is.

"Jesus leads us into a place of radical grace where we are able to celebrate the hope of experiencing God’s glory.  And that’s not all. We also celebrate in seasons of suffering because we know that when we suffer we develop endurance,  which shapes our characters. When our characters are refined, we learn what it means to hope and anticipate God’s goodness.  And hope will never fail to satisfy our deepest need because the Holy Spirit that was given to us has flooded our hearts with God’s love."  Romans 5:2-5 (The Voice)

No comments:

Post a Comment