Sunday, June 15, 2014

HIS ANGER LASTS ONLY A MINUTE.


"I am mad as a wet hen, I'm as angry as a hive full of hornets, I'm as angry as a spewing volcano. How angry do you get? Anger is one of our most dangerous emotions. It has damaged relationships and resulted in lives lost. Have you ever wondered if the Lord looses his temper? I know I've done a lot of damage when I didn't wait for his guidance and stepped out on my own. James has warned us about our mouths and mine gets me in trouble when I'm angry, even when it's only for a minute.

God, on the other hand, controls his temper and his anger lasts only a moment. Well, unfortunately, mine lasts a lot longer than that. I stew for a long time. God's favor lasts a life time, but mine only until the next incident. So he gave me the following scripture and not just a word for a day, but a word for a lifetime. Yes, when I'm singing his praises and rejoicing in his blessings, there isn't room in my heart to hold on to anger and disappointment.

"Sing the praises of the Lord, you his faithful people;
praise his holy name.
For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may stay for the night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning." PS 30:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment