Wednesday, June 4, 2014

SHELTERED AND SAFE


I woke up this morning to a whole new day, a day filled with opportunity, hope and love. Once my feet hit the floor, doubts and fear entered my mind. Everything I need to accomplish today flooded my thoughts. Where did that peace I felt when I first awoke disappear to? Even crawling back under the covers was no help. I was just postponing the inevitable.

Time to go out to the prayer garden and sit with my Bible and meditate on a scripture verse. What shall it be? Today Psalm 27 caught my eye. Having read it, I am confident that what I seek and need most for this day is a deeper relationship with my Lord. In him is my security, safety and confidence to enjoy this day. I have nothing to fear today. God is with me, his Holy Spirit surrounds me and this will be a God inspired, lovely day. I am safe in his tabernacle. Thank you Lord for assuring me of your love and everlasting protection.

" One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock." Psalm 27:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment