Wednesday, June 11, 2014

PUT YOUR HOPE IN GOD


Having one of those "down" days? Grab a "happy pill" and keep going. No time to waste. No time to "let down". Have we really become a non-feeling culture? It's not cool to feel depressed. Can't feel too happy or folks will distrust you. Can't disappoint God....he brings us joy. Can't b......

Well, there are times when I do cave in to my feelings. I can't keep the happy face on 24/7/365. So what is my solution to "those days". Sometimes it's hormonal, sometimes it's atmospheric, sometimes it's the news reports, sometimes it just is. But I don't dwell on it. Scripture is filled with happy thoughts and healing prayers. Like that deer that pants for water, my soul pants for my savior and his promises. Then with a prayer and not a pill, my mood turns around. Lifting up his praises is my hope.

"Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God." Ps 42:5

No comments:

Post a Comment