Sunday, August 24, 2014

Anger: Blessing or Curse


"He was so angry he was turning purple." "She as so angry she shook the table." "I was so angry, I could feel my blood pressure rising and I was getting a headache." "When I'm angry, I just have to throw something.""She was so angry she took her petition before the city council and got speed bumps put down to avoid another injury on that block."

Anger is an "all over" reaction. We have physical as well as emotional responses. Some of the physical responses can have serious consequences. Anger can cause us to do things we might not do such as shoot someone or break something valuable. It is one of our strongest negative emotions. Yet, it can also be motivating such as when it becomes righteous indignation and prompts us to take a positive action with greater feeling. When did your anger work for good?

God allows us to be angry,  with a warning. "Go ahead and be angry. You do well to be angry—but don’t use your anger as fuel for revenge. And don’t stay angry. Don’t go to bed angry. Don’t give the Devil that kind of foothold in your life." Ephesians 4:26-27 Msg.

No comments:

Post a Comment