Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Listen to the heart


Do you listen to your heart or your mind? When I listen to my mind, I get confusing messages some time. I start hearing chatter from other people, even books I've read, movies I've watched and other distractions from the world we live in. Sometimes emotions get involved. I've found this true in matters of faith as well as other matters. So much information is out there and I get on information overload.

If I listen to my heart, the message is clear because it comes from the Lord. I pray for discernment and go to scripture for clarification. At times I seek counsel from trusted believers. I have to sit very still to hear the heart message. Too much information brings confusion. When I don't listen to my heart and respond in faith, I get into trouble. How about you?

"Keep a strong hold on your faith in Christ. May your heart always say you are right. Some people have not listened to what their hearts say. They have done what they knew was wrong. Because of this, their faith in Christ was wrecked." 1 Tim 1:19

No comments:

Post a Comment