Saturday, August 23, 2014

Rescued from the undertow


I was caught in an undertow. I was swimming as hard as I could to get out of it, but it seemed futile. I knew I needed to swim with the shore and saw people waving at me. Was this my time, even with all these people watching me?  Suddenly, a strong arm caught me and the person attached to the arm pushed me into a wave. Choking up water and struggling to catch my breath, I landed in shallow water steps from shore.

I had been rescued! PTL. Although exhausted, I profusely thanked the life guard and the people around me. Was it them who saved me or was it the Lord? We know the answer to that. Although the life guard  had thrown me into that wave and guided me to the shore, God had his arms around me. The life guard was just there because it was his job. He got praise from the crowd. But my praise went to the Lord who is my real life guard and rescuer.

"I’ve thrown myself headlong into your arms—
    I’m celebrating your rescue.
I’m singing at the top of my lungs,
    I’m so full of answered prayers." PS 13:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment